Monday, February 20, 2012

About Me

Kao Zhong Xiong

I am Laotian and I am 20 years old. I started dancing on my high school dance team focusing on Poms and Hip Hop. My goals were to win and see how far I could go with the experience I had but after a couple of years, my goals shifted to learning as much as I could instead of just winning. I am interested in learning the many forms of dance and that goes from classical to cultural. Hip Hop definitely influences me and my movement today since it is the style that I started with and used to be most comfortable with. I also value experience when it comes to dance. Dance offers many different opportunities and challenges that I am willing to try and overcome for myself and to have for my professional dance career.


Brenna Marlin

My name is Brenna Marlin.  I am twenty-two years old and have been studying dance at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee for the past three years.  I first was introduced to dance movement at the age of fourteen when I joined a pom/dance team.  It was this form of movement that I practiced until I graduated high school in 2008.  After attending college for a year, I found that my interests truly lied within the world of dance.  As a  mover, I value an individual's personal take on the life.  I enjoy seeing the way others interpret relationships and how they connect to the environment.  Currently, I am examining the many views our society has on sex and sexual relationships.  





No comments:

Post a Comment